13 October 2009

The Things They Know

I, Becca, had a song of the books of the Old Testament in my head yesterday morning. I began to sing it aloud and was completely shocked to hear Joshua saying the books along with me. Here's our second recording attempt. I was so distracted the first time that I lost track once we reached Jonah, which was too bad because Joshua was saying more books the first time around...oh, well.



He continued to sing along with me several times through the song and each time would say some of the same books and add others. My favorite is "Open a Daya" for Obediah. Please note that Joshua calls Claude "Daya" because he couldn't say "Daddy" until recently. So really, he was saying "Open a Daddy" as Obediah. :)

I also love to see that Joshua is really just a two year old, as demonstrated through his lack of sharing with Hannah. It just goes to show...we can know all about God's word, but when all is said and done that knowledge isn't going to bring about the life change that we need in order to be in right relationship with God and with others. Memorizing the books of the Old Testament or not, we still need Jesus.

No comments: