Joshua and Hannah often spend a bit of time talking and singing to themselves as they drift off to sleep. Tonight they're more awake than normal, so Claude and I are getting an earful. But what a wonderful earful it is!
From Joshua...
A song.
"Jesus. Jesus. I love you. I love you. I love you, Jesus. You died on the cross for sins. For sins. For sins. For sins. Jesus, I love you."
Immediately followed by...
Another song.
"The wheels on the bus go round and round all day long."
"The Jesus on the bus goes bye bye bye all day long."
"The disciples on the bus go bump bump bump all day long."
And from the other room we hear Hannah singing...
"The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, all through the town."
Tonight we also heard the following...
After naming a large number of our dear friends from Westchester Chapel Joshua concludes, "These are all our family." I couldn't agree more! :)
And to top off the night (both literally and figuratively)...
I looked over at Joshua--he goes to sleep in the living room while Hannah falls asleep in the bedroom, otherwise no one would ever be sleeping around here!--so, I noticed that Joshua was zipping up his footed pajamas.
"Joshua, what are you doing?" I asked.
"I'm just feeding my baby," he replied matter-of-factly. "And now I'm going to work."
Apparently he was not only feeding his baby--which is really a stuffed lamb--he was breastfeeding his baby. Claude had a short conversation with him about the impossibility of the situation. It went something like, "Um, Joshua... Only mommies can feed their babies like that." This was followed by a suggestion that Joshua use a bottle to feed the baby.
After using the bottle he came out with this song...
"It was hard feeding my baby. It was hard breastfeeding my baby. And it was hard going to work."
I guess Claude and I spend a lot of time saying how hard our working and breastfeeding lives are??? I hope not!
The talking and singing haven't ceased yet and we're about an hour in to bed time. Perhaps there will be more to add to this post. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment