When you spend your days with a 4-year-old, a 3-year-old, and a nearly-verbal 13-month-old you never know where the conversations will take you. Many times they flop and other times they take flight in ways you never imagined would be possible.
Yesterday and today we had a few conversations that made me smile. I'm sure these aren't as engaging to you as they are to me, but in a few years I'll be glad to have a record of them.
Enjoy!
The Identity of Jesus
Hannah: "Jesus is the kinged of kings."
Joshua: "No, He's the Son of God."
H: "But He is the kinged of kings. (Pause) Jesus is the Majesty."
J: "No, He's not the Majesty."
H: "Yes, He is."
J: "No, He's not."
H: "Mommy, Joshua says that Jesus is not the Majesty. (Pause) Is Jesus the Majesty, Mommy?"
Me: "Well...yes, He is the Majesty."
H (singing to "Michael Row Your Boat Ashore"): "Jesus is the Majesty. Alle-yoo-yah. Jesus is the Majesty. Alle-yoo-oo-yah."
Prophet or King? And Other Curiosities
Joshua: "Obadiah was a king."
Me: "No, Obadiah was a prophet."
J: "Well, he was just a king."
M: "No, he was a prophet."
J: "Obadiah was a king."
Hannah: "No, Joshua. Obadiah was a prophet!"
J: "Well, when I was little, before I came home from the hospital, Daddy used to call me Obadiah."
M: "We never actually called you Obadiah, but Daddy thought we should name you that."
J: "But before I came home from the hospital you did call me Obadiah. And then Daddy put me in a car seat and I cried and then I fell asleep in the car and then I was home. And that was while Hannah and Abby were in your tummy, Mommy, after I came out."
M: "Ummm....Hannah and Abby were not in my tummy then."
H: "Yes, we were. We were in your tummy together."
M: "No, you and Abby were never in my tummy at the same time."
J: "Why weren't Hannah and Abby in your tummy at the same time, Mommy?"
M: "Ummm..."
Abby: (cries from the other room)
Me (thinking to myself): "Saved by the bell!"
No comments:
Post a Comment